AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
Litigation-related responsibilities including:
• Taking a lead in-house role in defending AXA Equitable in a wide-range of litigation, arbitration and/or regulatory matters handled directly or with outside counsel, which entails:
• Working closely with business partners in assessing legal risk and exposure and in developing legal strategy
• Investigating facts, develop litigation strategy, prepare submissions to courts, arbitration panels and regulators, and identify and prepare fact and expert witnesses
• Providing reports to senior management as to the status of litigation matter
• Interviewing, selecting and very closely supervising outside counsel
• Participating as a representative of the Litigation Group on committees or working groups organized for various purposes, such as evaluating proposed business initiatives or re-examining existing policies or procedures.
• JD, bar admission
• 8 – 12 years of related experience, preferably within the litigation group or insurance group of a large law firm or corporation.
• Experience litigating class actions, actions under state insurance laws and state/federal employment and securities laws, and large-scale arbitrations. Trial/arbitration experience preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance and securities law related to insurance product distribution through insurance agencies and broker-dealers.
• Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
• Experience with broker-dealer and insurance company compliance issues, and in conducting regulatory and internal investigations.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to manage and prioritize complex matters.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated record of proactive leadership and achieving favorable results.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Strong sense of ownership of tasks and responsibilities is essential.