AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
Sarbanes Oxley requires management to test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting and provide an opinion on the effectiveness of these controls. Management is required to design the test of controls to validate their effectiveness and testing of the control should be performed independently from the process owners. This role requires the incumbent to:
• Develop annual ITGC testing schedule
• Assign control testing amongst the ITGC SOX testing team
• Interact in a positive and consistent manner with external and internal auditors
• Partner with process owners ensuring Information Technology processes are adequately documented; risks and controls are properly identified and a clear understand of the SOX testing requirements and timing is understood.
• Obtain, review and interpret business processes for completeness and accuracy.
• Ensure required testing support is submitted in an organized and timely manner. Perform appropriate follow-up to ensure testing support meet the requirements for testing requirements.
• Perform Management testing in an organized and comprehensive manner.
• Perform walkthroughs of business processes demonstrating a clear understanding of the risks and controls.
• Prepare flowcharts reflective of business process with clear identification of risks and controls.
• Document recommendations for test plan modifications that would improve processes, strengthen control points and/or testing procedures.
• Manage remediation schedule and perform testing to ensure controls are working as intended.
• Communicate the timing requirement needed to perform Management testing.
• Technical and/or Accounting Degree and/or Public Accounting experience and/or CPA, CIA, CISACISA designations
• Strong understanding of ITGC's
• 5-6 yrs. of audit experience in IT, regulatory compliance and large-scale implementation of processes and/or systems.
• Minimum of 5 years staff management experience
• Advanced understanding of COSO Risk and Internal Control framework
• Understanding of professional IIA performance standards in regards to planning, testing, sampling and documentation
• Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
• Developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
• Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with all levels
• Strong analytical skills and ability to multitask
Internal Tile: Lead Manager
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.