AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
AXA Charlotte, NC Office Address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC
As the Lead Actuary within the Actuarial Valuation department, you will be responsible for supporting the Annuity IFRS and GAAP Valuations with a focus on FAS 97 DAC, SOP 03-1 reserves, and fair value liability balances. In this role, you will help manage the production of monthly and quarterly valuations for Annuity Products ensuring that all items are accurate and delivered on time. Additionally, a significant portion of the role (perhaps about 25%) will be spent supporting the Assumption Committee chair in operating and managing the Company's Assumption Committee.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Analyze and communicate valuation results
• Oversee the development of new production needs and processes to significantly modernize, enhance and improve valuation
• Support needs of Accounting team in drafting Insurance components of financial statements (e.g. GAAP footnotes)
• Potential to manage and develop 1+ actuarial students
• Bachelor’s degree
• FSA designation OR strong pre-FSA candidates will be considered
• 5+ years of work experience, Valuation experience strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; present results to senior management; communicate clearly to non-technical experts
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Ability to work independently and manage a team across different locations
• Ability to create good working relationships with business partners and team members
• Excellent judgment and ability to grasp complex subject matters
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.