AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
As a critical member of the AXA Market Insights team, lead specific market research efforts (strategic and tactical) across U.S. domestic business areas and in partnership with AXA global headquarters. Lead end-to-end execution of projects, with support from Sr Director of Insights. Some projects will entail managing market research vendors and others will be done hands-on internally (i.e., without market research vendor support), while typically involving direct liaison with business stakeholders and consultation with senior members of the organization. Some projects will involve support for Sr. Director of Insights for higher level projects. A transformation-oriented and strategic mindset is critical to help introduce state-of-the-art research methodologies and best practices that will help drive the new marketing-driven strategy of the organization.
For each project, serve as a project leader, provide strategic/tactical oversight and market research expertise, as follows:
• Use consumer insights, research and data analysis techniques to provide in-depth understanding of the market, product performance, customers, and competitors. Develop data driven marketing research strategies that isolate and measure key insights that can be used to engage new and existing customers, improve customer retention and generate revenue.
• Consult with internal, cross-functional business partners at all levels of organization to understand their strategic and/or tactical business challenges/opportunities that would benefit from insight generation. Assist in identifying opportunities and proper definition of research objectives.
• Advise, guide, and collaborate with internal business partners on the most appropriate market research approach to address their objectives. Requires integrating knowledge of business issues with expertise in market research methodologies and best practices. Must develop and maintain a comprehensive and current understanding of relevant industry practices and issues and ensure that this understanding is effectively utilized to deliver optimal insights throughout the organization.
• Develop project approach and plan and then ensure effective execution of all stages of each market research project.
• Conduct internally executed surveys end-to-end, as needed, programming them with survey tools such as Qualtrics.
• Analyze and synthesize data and present results integrated with appropriate business insight/context in writing and orally to clients in a timely manner. Provide actionable recommendations that are strategic and results-focused.
• Maintain and improve ongoing market research studies, including AXA global initiatives such as brand tracking studies.
• Oversee and manage outside vendors/suppliers. Identify and engage research vendor(s) to create comprehensive research proposals including, but not limited to scope, design, cost, and timeline information.
In addition to project based responsibilities, act as a continuous source of learning on consumers and customers for the enterprise:
• Gain knowledge of changing consumer/distributor trends and behavior on a continual basis, using various information sources. Provide strategic insights on trends and changing behaviors impacting the insurance industry and, more specifically, AXA business.
• Actively participate in the foundational development of core AXA strategic segments. Partner closely across marketing as member of Integrated Marketing team identifying segment insights and opportunities.
• Proactively explore and recommend resources, methodologies, and influencers that advance the knowledge and capabilities of the department to best serve the goals and ambitions of the organization.
• Minimum of 8 years of market research experience, preferably with some in life insurance, annuities, retirement plan, and/or financial services industry. Market Research vendor experience required. Client-side experience would be a strong plus.
• In-depth and thorough knowledge of market research (both qualitative and quantitative) and relevant basic and advanced analytical / statistical methodologies for primary and secondary research.
• Must have the ability to deliver insights from data, and discern the implications for the business. Must be able to make business recommendations based on both sound research and judgment that can stands up to challenge or scrutiny.
• Must have the ability to weave a rich and compelling story that connects the dots from multiple sources and motivates business partners to act.
• Superior oral and written communication skills. Experience in presenting findings to clients, including Senior Management. Must be poised and confident in dealing with all levels of the organization, including C-suite.
• Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work and collaborate with other team members and departments. Strong consultative skills, including experience in dealing with non-market research trained associates to draw out and understand their business challenges and then integrate this learning with market research expertise.
• Creative thinking with exceptional analytical skills coupled with a solid business foundation.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
• Strong work ethic. Strong sense of urgency and accountability.
• Very attentive to detail and yet also keeps “big picture” in mind.
• Must be a self-starter; take initiative and direction well; energetic and enthusiastic.
• Expert in MS-PowerPoint presentation development, MS-Excel, MS-Word with the ability to sift through and organize data into a compelling story.
• Strong skills in programming and executing online survey tools such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, QuestionPro, SurveyGizmo, etc.
• Additional duties as determined by the Senior Director of Insights.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.