AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
'We are seeking a resource to support Life70 Admin application and the Smart Dispatch processes for the IT Product team.
- Serve as an important intermediary between the assigned business clients and the development and other teams in the IT function, and requires a full working knowledge of both environments.
- Play an important advocacy role for the business clients in all phases of the complex solution development lifecycle for each of the critical stages, including: initiation, analysis, development, testing, implementation and post implementation follow up.
- Perform complex analysis and works closely with the business clients to identify core business issues in order to map out possible solutions. The mapping is used to develop the business case for action, defining the need, the method, and the benefits of proposed solutions.
- Undertake complex analysis to develop the detailed user stories or requirements of the solution in order to satisfy the business need.
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine the solution design, methods and outcomes.
- As the “eyes and ears” of the business, closely monitor progress to ensure that the emerging solution meets the demands of the user stories or requirement document. This may require the resolution of any conflicts arising due to any technical deviations from the agreed user stories or requirements.
- Work very closely with the testing team, using the user stories or requirements document as a critical guide, to ensure that issues are identified and fully resolved prior to roll out.
'- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of technical IT work experience
- Superior knowledge of complex software development concepts and development methods
- Superior knowledge and application of various software development life-cycles and techniques (e.g., traditional and agile)
- Superior interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Superior influencing, negotiation and elicitation skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
Must have skills:
- Development experience with COBOL and JCL is a must have
- Database experience with DB2/VSAM is a must have
- Practical development experience with DXC (CSC) wmA or Vantage platforms
- Experience with SQL, Python, Eztrieve, JCL, QMF, Endevor, CA7 is preferred
- Competency in one or more software packages or programming languages and typically has hands-on technical experience.
- Experience in DB2 on Z/OS platform including good design, utility, SQL and performance skills would be an advantage.
- Experience in Mainframe components like COBOL, JCL, ZEKE,vsam, ca7 would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Wealth Management Accelerator (wmA) system, Vantage would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Mainframe express and XDB would be an added advantage.
- Exposure on insurance / annuities domain would be an added advantage.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.