AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
AXA's Advertising Compliance Specialist is responsible for reviewing and providing guidance on, revisions for, and principal approval (or disapproval when applicable) of generally corporate marketing collateral, based upon FINRA, SEC and State Securities and Insurance laws, rules and regulations. Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Conducting reviews of corporate created advertisements and sales material (i.e. retail communications), with a particular emphasis on variable annuity products, and internal training content, both traditional and digital, to provide constructive feedback to ensure compliance with securities and insurance industry laws, rules and regulations and company policies and standards;
2. Providing support and guidance to the Corporate Marketing and other internal departments related to regulatory, industry and company requirements and standards;
3. Filing of material with FINRA Advertising Regulation as well as various state insurance departments when required
The position requires demonstrable experience in an Advertising/Sales material compliance reviewer role, preferably with an insurance company affiliated broker/dealer, working with corporate product and marketing areas or at a minimum 3 plus years experience in a broker/dealer compliance role. The ideal candidate should have a proven working knowledge of FINRA (Rule 2210), SEC and state securities and insurance department rules and regulations, and / or a proven knowledge of variable annuity, variable life and mutual funds products, as they apply to all forms of traditional advertising, sales literature, and internal training material, as well as to electronic communications, and must be able to reasonably, practically, flexibly and independently interpret and apply these rules in a business environment so as to ensure balance between effective marketing and good compliance.
• Must have FINRA Series 7 and Series 24 or Series 6 and Series 26 (or willingness to obtain the 24 or 26 within 90 days).
• Support areas of the company as needed (e.g. corporate marketing, brand marketing, digital marketing, external communications, etc.)
• Participate as needed in product-related and general marketing campaign/material development meetings to provide proactive, constructive and team-oriented feedback, advice and guidance from the advertising compliance perspective.
• Keep current on industry developments that affect marketing, sales materials and public communications and advise internal clients of changes in applicable rules & regulations and their effect on marketing/sales materials.
• Create and maintain effective working relationships with compliance colleagues, internal legal counsel, marketing professionals and other company personnel.
We are seeking a team player who is well-organized and highly efficient, possessing excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with management level personnel and regulatory agencies. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well independently and under pressure are requirements. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, and FINRA's Advertising Regulation Electronic Filing System. BA/BS degree or equivalent required.
AXA is willing to look at candidates willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.